Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday Scoop - 1/17/15

Well, another week has flown by which means that it is time to link up with the Teaching Trio for their Sunday Scoop.

http://teachingtrio.blogspot.com/

Thankfully, I managed to get a lot of work done yesterday so there isn't too much on my to do list for today!


Have to...  
I am the supervisor for our school's yearbook club.  Which means I get the fun chores like going through the superlative suggestions and picking which we should use.  Then I type them up, hand them out, and count the answers to find the winners.  It's fun, but time consuming! 

I hate vacuuming so it's the chore that I tend to put off.  Since I put it off yesterday, I really need to do it today.

My 3rd grade reading is working on an author study of Roald Dahl.  We are currently reading James and the Giant Peach so I have activities ready for that.  It's the rest of the books we are planning to read that I need to prep for!

Hope to...
 I am hoping to get a chance to work on some cowboy themed products to use with my 1st graders this week.  I'm planning to make a synonym matching game and a contraction center.

I have a hard time planning ahead with my blogging so I am going to try to get some blogs planned and typed out.  I would like to be ahead of the game this week if possible!

Happy to...
Hopefully I will get a chance to catch up on some reading this week.  In the spirit of our Dahl author study, I have been reading The Irregulars by Jennet Conant.  The book details Dahl's life as a British spy in the United States during World War II.  It's an extremely interesting true story!

http://www.funandlearningatbba.blogspot.com/2015/01/five-for-friday-and-giveaway.html

Don't forget to head over to my last post and enter my $10 TPT gift certificate giveaway!  I'll announce the winner on Friday!

6 comments:

  1. The yearbook is a time-consuming task. One of my best teaching friends does our school's yearbook, and she spends countless hours making sure everything is perfect. I am sure they appreciate all of your efforts! I also hope you get to relax and read a little. Have a great week!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean with scheduling posts, I am very preoccupied, but now that I feel slightly better, then I am going to do that as well.

    Have an awesome week!!!
    Jasmine
    The Dots of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scheduling posts! It makes my life so much easier during the week when I'm tired and can't think straight to write posts. I do most of my scheduling on the weekend. I've even started scheduling Facebook posts and Tweets so I'm still present on those social media accounts. Enjoy your week!

    Cheryl
    Techie Turtle Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went right to Amazon to put The Irregulars on my wish list! Have you read Boy? I would definitely not read that one to my 3rd graders, but I enjoyed it. I've never scheduled a post. I should start keeping a notebook with ideas and planning ahead.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get better about scheduling posts too! As for the vacuuming, I've been successful in making that one of my hubby's weekly tasks, but it's a pretty good trade because I do all the laundry and he does all of the vacuuming! :-) Have a wonderful week!

    Rachel
    Mrs O Knows

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a yearbook advisor too! This is my first year. It's so much more work than I ever realized! Thanks for linking up!
    ~Kristen
    Chalk & Apples
    Teaching Trio

    ReplyDelete