Friday, January 2, 2015

Five For Friday: Celebrating Christmas on New Year's Day!

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/

 My son and I drove back from North Carolina on Tuesday and Wednesday.  We had been visiting relatives down there.  The trip ends up being about 15 hours {we stop too many times}, but we have tons of fun too!  We spent the night at a Holiday Inn.  We ordered room service, bought chips from the vending machine, and used the ice machine - lots of new experiences for a 7 year old!

I actually managed to stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve!  Of course, I went immediately to bed afterward, but still... for me that was a major accomplishment.

We celebrated Christmas with my side of the family on New Year's Day.  It was chaotic and crazy, but the kids all had fun!


 On New Year's Day, we also had all the kids fill out My Year in Review papers about 2014.  They came out so cute that I am thinking about using them for my class when we go back on Monday.


One of the perks of celebrating Christmas after Christmas Day is the great sales you can find and use!  My sister-in-law bought a cute gingerbread train kit on clearance after Christmas.  All the kids decorated their own section.  {It made me think that I should have done more after Christmas shopping!}



 What fun New Year's activities did you and your family do this year?

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed seeing the year in review page that Levi did! And the gingerbread train looked like a lot more fun than the wooden kit that Levi and Mason did here. ;)

    ReplyDelete