Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas Everyone!


I hope everyone is having a wonderful day with family and friends.  I wanted to share my favorite gifts from today.  Of course, Christmas isn't just about the gifts.  We ate breakfast as a family and read the Christmas account from Luke 2 before opening gifts.  But these three gifts are especially exciting to me!

I have been waiting for a while to read The Daily 5 by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser.  I have already started reading it and underlining and taking notes in it!!  I love the thought of having a classroom where children are actually reading and writing independently every day.

The Lesson Planning Handbook by Peter Brunn is a book that I didn't know I wanted, but I can't wait to read it.  

And I am super excited about my large world map!  It is laminated so once I hang it, I can have students circle where the countries are that we talk about in class, draw arrows for troop movements during wars, and so many other fun activities. 

I hope each one of you had a fun-filled day.  I am off to enjoy spending more time with my family.  {And probably read more of The Daily 5!}

No comments:

Post a Comment