Monday, December 1, 2014

Currently December

December is finally here. 
 I am thankful that the weather has not been that cold lately. 
 Today was so warm that the students were all taking their jackets off at recess!

I am linking up with Farley over at Oh Boy Fourth Grade for Currently December.


Listening:  I am loving Pandora's Christmas music stations.  My favorite so far is the Josh Groban holiday station.

Loving:  We put up Christmas decorations over the weekend.  We don't do too much because we go to my in-laws house in North Carolina for Christmas, but we put up a small tree in my son's room.  He gets to decorate it himself.  He loves having a tree in his room and is so proud of how it turns out every year!

Thinking:  I don't usually put up Christmas lights in my classroom, but I am thinking about hanging some this year.  I guess I will have to see if I have any strands that all work before I decide.

Wanting:  Don't get me wrong - I love going back to school after a break.  The kids were great today, and we got lots done.  However, I am always so tired after the first day back that I wish we had tomorrow off to recuperate!

 Needing:  I have been putting off renewing my license for weeks now.  And now it expires on Saturday so I really need to get that done one afternoon this week.

Giving:  As a teacher, I give small gifts to my students, fellow teachers, and some of our staff and volunteers.  I try to keep an eye out all through the year for sale items to put in the gifts.  I already have most of the gifts bought.  Now I just have lots of wrapping and gift bagging to do!

You can use the link at the top of the post 
to head over to Farley's page 
and find out what other teachers are currently up to!


6 comments:

  1. I hope you are talking about your drivers license renewal! In my state it takes weeks to renew your teaching license. My favorite is the Josh Groban station. I LOVE IT!!! The students at my school love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Pandora and Spotify, but I have enjoyed Spotify much better! I love Christmas music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been thinking about trying Spotify, but I haven't yet. :)

      Delete
  3. Crystal,

    Oh my goodness. I LOVE Josh Groban! Great taste! ;) And you're a fellow Connecticut blogger!
    And I'm totally jealous that you have so much of your gift buying done! I have literally NADA. You are inspiring me!

    Katie
    Teaching Voracious Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it makes you feel any better, I still have a lot of family shopping left to do! I'm just hoping to do it all online tonight! :)

      Delete