Friday, November 28, 2014

Five for Black Friday!

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Our day was filled with family and food of course! And I come from a very LOUD family so there was also lots of chaos noisy fun.  The kids and I made these fun I am thankful booklets after naptime.  They came out so cute!  And my niece and nephew had made name cards out of toilet paper rolls and their handprints for our table. Of course the food was delicious, especially the desserts!


I have spent part of my vacation prepping for my reading units next week.  I am excited about reading The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare again.  I also found a unit to use with it that is absolutely perfect!

My sister-in-law and I braved the crowds to go shopping last night. {I am not going to lie - I think it is fun.}  We were pretty relaxed because we didn't have any major items that we HAD to get.  We started at around 8:00 with Starbucks and were done by about 10:30!  We got some great deals.
Of course I can't show everything - some of it was Christmas gifts, but I was pretty excited about these finds.  I like my new scarves and sweater, but I love my new mini OPI nail polish set.  {In case you can't tell, the middle color exactly matches the purple scarf.} The suit for my son was a great deal too. It was only $15.00 at Kohl's, plus I had a $10 off coupon and 15% off!  Gotta love Kohl's.
Of course I also had to do some shopping on TPT.com.  {I spent almost as much money there as I did at Kohl's.  A group of teachers discounted some of their bundles for Black Friday so I took advantage!  Here are just some of the bundles I bought.  You can click on the pictures to check out these products for yourself.  I also still have a long wishlist of products I am going to buy during their big Cyber Monday sale, but let's not talk about that!
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Context-Clues-BUNDLE-Craftivity-PowerPoint-Task-Cards-Worksheets-Foldable-956418http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Blackfriday14-Interactive-Notebook-Templates-1000-1038030


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Interactive-Notebook-United-States-Geography-5th-Grade-Coordinates-w-McGrawHill-1356595http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/BlackFriday14-5-Grammar-Games-Bundled-Set-1535919

 
The rest of my day is going to be spent putting away Black Friday purchases, eating Thanksgiving leftovers, and getting out Christmas decorations. This is a major production for our family.  The entrance to the attic where we store the decorations is in my son's room which is always messy.  So I have to get him to clean his room before we can even get them out.  Then we start putting them up!  Hopefully it gets done today so we can relax some tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I've never braved the crowds in the malls on Black Friday- I just shop online.

    We are getting the Christmas decorations out on Sunday- that's our traditional trim the tree/decorate the house day.

    KinderIrick

    ReplyDelete